With the right plan and the right discipline, you can get seriously shredded in just 28 days.Read article
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Snickers. M&M’s. They’re all lying around your house waiting to be handed out to kids dressed up as superheroes and princesses. You might be tempted to try a piece, but trust us, it’s better to leave the sweets to the trick-or-treaters. Here, we’ve compiled a list of the top 20 reasons you should stay away from candy this Halloween.
1) You’d have to complete 1 hour of vigorous weightlifting to burn off 1.5 Snickers bars (approximately 400 calories).
2) Sugar can decrease the amount of growth hormone in your body.
3) Drowsiness and decreased activity are byproducts of increased sugar consumption.
4) Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease by hardening your arteries.
5) To lose the amount of calories you gain eating 1 Butterfinger, you’d have to jog for more than half an hour.
6) Your ability to absorb protein can be affected by sugar.
7) Sugar feeds cancer.
8) Your chances of becoming diabetic are greatly increased by sugar consumption.
9) Your body’s defense system can become significantly paralyzed, making it unable to protect against sickness and disease.
10) Calcium is used to neutralize the acidic effects of sugar, which results in weaker bones.
11) Half an hour of stationary rowing is required to burn off 1 package of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
12) Cavity-causing bacteria feeds on sugar.
13) Your body converts sugar into fat up to 5 times more than it does starch.
14) Consuming sugar may cause you to break out.
15) You may be more likely to suffer a heart attack.
16) Sugar can weaken your eyesight and increase cholesterol.
17) Sugar reduces your body’s supply of essential supplements such as copper and chromium.
SEE ALSO: 10 Best Halloween Costumes for Fit Girls
18) It provides no nutritional value; it is merely empty calories.
19) Sugar has an addictive affect.
20) You’d have to perform over 15 minutes of high-speed rope-jumping to lose the calories you gain by eating 1 Kit Kat bar.
Extra: Just Because we found this tidbit interesting… You’d have to perform over three hours of sexual activity to burn off one measly Snickers bar. (But that’s still not a good reason to eat one.)