Keep your gains even while under self-quarantine with these exercises.Read article
For our ongoing quest to deliver cutting edge training techniques and routines to the masses, we bring you the second installment of our Badass Workout of the Week. In this series, PJ Braun, president of Blackstone Labs and Prime Nutrition will share a weekly workout that’s truly badass on every level. Yes, it will be brutal, but the mass-building and muscle-chiseling results will be worth the pain.
This week’s badass workout is an intense, pec-pounder that will thrash your chest muscles from all angles. Best of all, you can knock it out in about 45-minutes. Up for the challenge? Give this badass workout a try and let us know what you think.
To be completed in no more than 45-minutes, including warm-up (see all the moves in the video above).
1. Incline Bench Press on Smith Machine: 4 sets of 10-12 reps with triple drop set on set 4. Rest should not be longer than 60 seconds in between sets.
2. High Cable Fly/Press – Superset with Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 supersets with 15 reps on first exercise and failing between 12-15 reps on the incline dumbbell press. Rest period is 45 seconds between sets.
3. Cable Fly from Floor – Superset with Flat Machine Press: 4 supersets failing at 15 reps per exercise. Rest period is 30 seconds between sets.
4. Incline Dumbbell Fly: Multiple positioning with no rest between sets. Start with the bench at its lowest incline and perform a set of 15 reps with about 80 percent of your max weight for that rep range, then immediately get up and raise the bench one notch and get back to performing 15 reps again. This is to be repeated until you are one notch away from 90 degrees with the only rest period being while you change the height of the bench. On completion of a set with the highest incline, you are to immediately make the bench flat and go to total failure.
5. Alternating Hammer Strength Incline with Added Resistance Band: This is a triple drop set, alternating arms to failure with no rest other than removing the weights.
Check out last week’s Badass Leg Workout!
This content is supplied and sponsored by Blackstone Labs and Prime Nutrition. For more on Blackstone Labs, visit http://blackstonelabs.com/. For more on Prime Nutrition, visit http://prime-nutrition.myshopify.com/.